The Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) hosted a reception on March 19 to honor employees who were nominated for SCOE 2015 Classified Employee of the Year.
Classified employees are vital staff members who play key roles in creating a school environment that promotes student achievement, safety, and health. The employees nominated for this prestigious honor are being recognized for their ongoing and exemplary performance of responsibilities contributing significantly to the success of SCOE programs, services, or special projects.
Payroll Analyst Julie Evans was officially announced as SCOE's 2015 Classified Employee of the Year. The nominees being honored represent the wide variety of services provided by SCOE, ranging from programs for children with severe disabilities to instructional programs for at-risk youth housed in county detention facilities, as well as clerical, technical and administrative support. Members of the Personnel Commission, Board of Education trustees, administrators, colleagues, and fellow staff members joined the celebration.
SCOE 2015 Classified Employee of the Year Nominees
- Mike Alves: Sr. General Services Worker, Support Services
- Kelly Bernier-Mun: Custodian, Support Services, Leo A. Palmiter
- Nikki Brindle: Administrative Assistant, Special Education
- Claudia Caspar: Para-Educator SH, Special Education, Prairie Elementary West
- Steven Craig: Para-Educator SH, Special Education, McCaffrey Middle School
- Natalya Edwards: Transition Specialist, Sacramento Community Based Coalition
- Julie Evans: Payroll Analyst (Benefits), Payroll
- Shawn Jacobs: Para-Educator SH, Special Education, Jessie Baker School
- Kelly Kuhl: Special Education Technician/WorkAbility, Special Education, Palmiter, Hickey, and North Area campuses
- Lindon Lewis: Sr. General Services Worker, Support Services
- Mahalia Manker: Program Analyst, Prevention and Student Services
- Vickie Miller: Para-Educator, Special Education, Cyril Spinelli Elementary School
- Eric Nicholls: Special Education Technician, Special Education/RSP, El Centro and Gerber Jr./Sr. High Schools
- Mike O'Rourke: Administrative Assistant, Juvenile Court & Community Schools/ROP, El Centro, Gerber and Boys & Girls Club
- Connie Palatinus: Printing & Production Specialist, Printing & Production Services
- Wayne Robinson: Lead behavioral Management Technician, Leo A. Palmiter
- Fernando Soares: Technology Support/Trainer, CNTS
- Ron Thompson: Payroll Analyst (Leave Accounting), Information Services
- Petra White: School Secretary, Special Education, Leo A. Palmiter
- Brenae Wilson: Para-Educator, Special Education, Leo A. Palmiter
The SCOE Classified Employee of the Year award is presented annually to SCOE classified staff in recognition of and appreciation for exceptional job performance and distinguished contributions to the SCOE community. The program pays tribute to the efforts of SCOE's outstanding classified school employees. Past SCOE Classified Employee of the Year are listed online.
SCOE's Classified Employee of the Year, along with those selected by local districts, compete at the county level to participate in the California Department of Education (CDE) Classified School Employee of the Year competition. CDE recognizes exemplary classified employees statewide who best represent California and symbolize contributions and commitment to education.