The Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) hosted a reception February 4 recognizing employees who were nominated to compete in the SCOE Classified Employee of the Year 2016 program and encouraging them to move forward with the competition.
Sacramento County Superintendent of Schools David W. Gordon, along with members of the SCOE Classified Employee of the Year award is presented annually in recognition of exceptional job performance and distinguished contributions to SCOE.
SCOE's Classified Employee of the Year, along with those selected by local districts in a variety of categories, compete at the county level to become eligible to participate in the California Department of Education (CDE) State Classified School Employee of the Year competition. CDE then recognizes exemplary classified employees statewide who best represent California and symbolize contributions and commitment to education.
SCOE Classified Employee of the Year 2016 Nominees
- Lin Baerresen, Para-Educator SH, Special Education, Prairie Preschool
- Wendi Beatty, Student Information Systems Specialist, Special Education
- Kelly Bernier-Mun, Custodian, Support Services
- Nikki Brindle, Administrative Assistant, Special Education
- Jan Gleghorn, Custodian, Support Services
- Kristin Green, Personnel Technician, Personnel
- Maribeth Krueger, Family Advocate, School Readiness
- Kelly Kuhl, Special Education Technician, Special Education/WorkAbility, Leo A. Palmiter Jr./Sr. High School
- Krishneel (Kris) Lal, Para-Educator SH, Special Education, Wilson C. Riles Middle School
- Jennifer Morones, School Secretary, Special Education, Leo A. Palmiter Jr./Sr. High School
- Bill Mullen, III, Technology Support/Trainer, Computer, Network & Telecommunication Support
- Ty Nguyen, Transition Specialist, Sacramento Community Based Coalition
- Connie Palatinus, Printing & Production Specialist, Printing & Production Services
- Shirley Ryan, Para-Educator SH, Special Education, Jessie Baker School
- Lisa Savage, Staff Secretary, Special Education
- Coretta Sayers, School Secretary, Special Education/Infant Development, Hiram Johnson Center
- Rebecca West, School Secretary, Special Education/RSP
- John Woodward, Multimedia Design Specialist, Communications