The California School Public Relations Association (CalSPRA) honored the Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) Communications Office with 13 statewide awards at its annual conference this year. For the second consecutive year, the Mather Employee Events Team (MEET) earned top recognition.
"We are very pleased that MEET is again being recognized with a California Gold award for its great work," said David W. Gordon, Sacramento County Superintendent of Schools. "This model group of volunteers hosts employee events throughout the year. Their hard work not only builds camaraderie but also raises funds for SCOE student programs."
CalSPRA is a nationally recognized leader in school communications. The annual CalSPRA Excellence in Communication awards program recognizes outstanding achievement in communications and public relations for K-16 educational professionals and institutions throughout the state.
At the November 8 CalSPRA awards banquet in Costa Mesa, the SCOE Communications Office was awarded trophies for the following 2011-12 projects:
- Mather Employee Events Team (MEET) — multiple 2011-12 events
Award of Excellence
- Employee Recognition Day
- "Celebration" — Photo, Sacramento County Academic Decathlon
- 2012 Sacramento County Teachers of the Year Information Packet
- 2012 Expressions Student Art Calendar
- Sacramento County Mock Trial/Moot Court Printed Program
- Superintendent's Cards
Award of Merit
- Sacramento County Office of Education Website
- Sacramento County Academic Decathlon Banquet Printed Program
- "Competition" — Photo, Sacramento County Academic Decathlon
- "Focus" — Photo, Woodturner Volunteer with SCOE Student
- "Staying Focused on SCOE's Mission" — End of Year Report to the Board
- 2012 Student Success Day Fundraiser Event
The SCOE Communications Office provides communication services to support SCOE's programs and services. It assists school districts in Sacramento County with strategic communications and media outreach and serves as a key disseminator of information to educators and community leaders countywide.
The Communications Office team consists of Tim Herrera, Communications Director; Cathy Sapunor, Special Events Coordinator; Beth Flory, Program Analyst; and John Woodward, Multimedia Design Specialist.