In May, the California School Public Relations Association (CalSPRA) honored the SCOE Communications team with the following awards at its annual conference in San Diego:
- Award of Excellence, Internet/Intranet websites: "SCOE website"
- Award of Excellence, Multimedia Communication: "Addition of Video Highlights and Photos to Online 'Programs & Services' Listing"
- Award of Excellence, Special Purpose Publication: "Infant Development Program Parent Handbook"
- Award of Merit, Special Purpose Publication: "Sacramento County Teacher of the Year 2007 Banquet Program"
- Award of Merit, Multimedia Communication: "2005–06 SCOE Year-End Report"
- Award of Merit, Special Event or Program: "2007 Sacramento County Teachers of the Year Banquet"
The SCOE Communications Office provides communication services to support the Sacramento County Office of Education's programs and services. It assists school districts in Sacramento County with strategic communications and media outreach and serves as a key disseminator of information to educators and community leaders county-wide.
The SCOE Communications Office consists of the following: Tim Herrera, Communications Director, Cathy Sapunor, Special Events Coordinator, Beth Flory, Program Analyst, and John Woodward, Web Developer.
The CalSPRA Excellence in Communication Awards program recognizes outstanding achievement in communication and public relations for K-16 educational professionals and institutions.
CalSPRA annually recognizes outstanding achievement in communication and public relations for K-16 educational professionals and institutions throughout the state. Entries were judged this year by NSPRA (National School Public Relations Association) members from New York.