Influenza & Pertussis: Health Information and Resources for Schools
In an effort to provide schools with current and accurate information about Influenza (Flu) and Pertussis (Whooping Cough), the Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) has established this page to serve as a central location for important news and referral information. The goal is to provide accurate information and dispel rumors and misinformation that may circulate.
The Sacramento County Department of Health & Human Services is the official agency in the county for disseminating health information.
Influenza (Flu) Information
- Sacramento County Public Health Division
- California Department of Education (flu outbreak FAQ)
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Flu Information
- Sacramento County Action Kit for Schools
- Pandemic Flu Preparation (California Department of Education FAQ)
- Health Promotion Materials (CDC posters and resource materials)
- California Department of Public Health (statewide health news & information)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (national health news & information)
- World Health Organization (news & information)
- Weekly Flu Activity Report
Pertussis (Whooping Cough) Information
- Sacramento County Public Health Division (Pertussis information)
- Pertussis Information (Centers for Disease Control)
- Guidelines for the Control of Pertussis Outbreaks (Centers for Disease Control)
- Health Services & School Nursing (CDE outside source)
We encourage you to regularly visit this page and the resources listed for official information on dealing with Influenza and Pertussis outbreaks. Please refer to our listing of Sacramento County district contact information should you have questions for individual districts or schools.