California Content Standards
The California State Content Standards are designed to encourage the highest achievement of K-12 students by defining the knowledge, concepts, and skills students should acquire in each grade level. SCOE has published a helpful news story answering questions about the Common Core State Standards.
Common Core Leadership Planning Guide—developed by the Consortium for the Implementation of the Common Core State Standards (a collaborative group from CDE, the California Teachers Association, the Association of California School Administrators, the California School Boards Association, CCSESA, and many other organizations).
Check out SCOE's eStandards Resource:
Below are links to recently updated State Standards and related information.
English-Language Arts (ELA)
- Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy
History/Social Studies, Science and Technical Subjects (Word format)
- SCOE K-12 ELA/Literacy overview
- Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (Word format)
- Spanish translation (coming soon)
- State Standards for Science
- National Next Generation Science Standards
- SCOE Science Department overview
English Language Development (ELD)