Natalie Woods Andrews, Ed.D., Director
Help Me Grow (HMG) California promotes the use of developmental screenings to detect developmental and behavioral delays in children from birth through age five. HMG is a system that connects children and families to appropriate interventions and services within the community.
Help Me Grow – Sacramento County, with funding from First 5 Sacramento, provides outreach and direct family support to increase awareness and access to services for children who may have a potential developmental delays and/or disabilities.
A centralized call center has been established to assist families, early learning providers, child health care providers, and community partners with accessing information about developmental milestones and referrals to appropriate agencies.
- Screenings, developmental milestones information: (916) 822-8744
- HMG resources, training, partnership inquiries: (916) 228-2506
Family Advocates conduct developmental screenings for children from infancy through age five and refer families for comprehensive services. Developmental screenings and direct family support will be prioritized for families residing in transitional housing programs. Services are coordinated with the WarmLine Family Resource Center.
Services will be provided to children from infancy through age five and their families residing in Sacramento County.
- Alta Regional Center
- Child Abuse and Prevention Council
- Cottage Housing Incorporated
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Kaiser Permanente Medical
- Lutheran Social Services
- Next Move
- River City Medical
- Sacramento County Office of Education Infant Development Program
- Sacramento County Office of Education Project TEACH
- Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services
- UC Davis, MIND Institute
- Volunteers of America
- WellSpace Health
- Yolo Family Service Agency
Return to Programs & Services listing.