The Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) believes its efforts are enriched by the diversity of its staff and the people they serve. Through its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion department, SCOE presents a variety of learning opportunities as it works to develop strategies, programs, and services that meet the unique needs of all learners, helping eliminate gaps in opportunity and achievement.
For spring 2023, SCOE encourages educators at schools and districts across Sacramento County—along with SCOE staff—to participate in a series of free webinars. The engaging sessions are all being presented online in partnership with the National Equity Project, an organization dedicated to transforming the outcomes for children and families who have historically been underserved.
For questions, additional information, or assistance with the online registration process, call (916) 228-2383.
Coaching for Equity Clinic—January 26, 2023 (10 a.m.–12 p.m.)
- Deepen your understanding of and practice with tools that support building the capacity of individuals to address equity challenges
- Reflect on your coaching context and learn from the work of other coaches and leaders
- Make new connections, and leave with a plan for addressing some of your most pressing work challenges
Attending to Healing in Equity Work—February 23, 2023 (10 a.m.–12 p.m.)
- Engage with a framework to help locate the role of healing in your work
- Deepen your understanding of the relationship between healing and equity/liberation
- Explore how to center and integrate ongoing individual and collective healing processes
- Participate in a healing-centered space for ritual and practice
Teaching for Equity: Creating Learning Partnerships—March 23, 2023 (10 a.m.–12 p.m.)
- Learn about the impact that identity, mindset, and learning conditions have on the relationship between learner and teacher
- Reflect on the “salience of identity” and its impact on a learner’s academic and social-emotional experience
- Plan how to build partnerships that promote thriving and belonging
Liberatory Design Lab: Take it Up!—May 25, 2023 (10 a.m.–12 p.m.)
- Identify a starting place for your design work and approaches to understand the complex system you want to change
- Apply mindsets that support effective collaboration with others, mirroring the types of changes you want to see
- Apply the Liberatory Design Process/Mindsets to deepen your understanding of the challenge in your system, then take action, learning and making progress toward your vision
Update 3/21/23: Removed cancelled 4/27 session.