The School-Based Mental Health and Wellness program at the Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) is conducting a free series of collaborative meetings to discuss student mental health and wellness. Educators, mental health professionals, and caregivers are invited to attend the meetings, which will be conducted online. Youth who are passionate about student mental health and wellness may also participate.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- collaborate with stakeholders throughout Sacramento County to develop a shared vision for student mental health and wellness,
- share resources and best practices to actively promote the mental health and well-being of students throughout Sacramento County, and
- discuss common challenges and develop strategies to address barriers to student mental health and wellness.
Meetings will be conducted via Zoom.
- Wednesday, October 5, 2022 (3–5 p.m.)
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022 (3–5 p.m.)
- Wednesday, February 8, 2022 (3–5 p.m.)
- Wednesday, April 12, 2023 (3–5 p.m.)
For questions about the meetings, email Chris Williams.
Anyone interested in receiving school-based mental health and wellness information may also join a listserv by emailing Karista Yeagley.
The student mental health and wellness series is being held in partnership with the Behavioral Health Services Division of the Sacramento County Department of Health Services. Funding comes from the voter-approved Proposition 63 (the Mental Health Services Act).