David W. Gordon, Sacramento County Superintendent of Schools, has officially announced the names of the Sacramento County Classified School Employees of the Year (CSEY) for 2022. The employees will move on to represent the county in the California CSEY competition.
A selection committee, made up of representatives from the participating districts, chose the winners based on paper screening of the nominees’ applications. Winners were selected for exemplary performance of responsibilities that contribute to the success of district programs, services, or special projects.
2022 County Classified Employees of the Year
- Natalia Aguirre-Mazzi, San Juan Unified School District
Clerical and Administrative Services Category
- John Weathers, San Juan Unified School District
Custodial and Maintenance Services Category
- Jennifer Lynn, Twin Rivers Unified School District
Health and Student Services Category
- Ronald Thomas, Twin Rivers Unified School District
Paraprofessional Services Category
- Anthony Pettinari, Twin Rivers Unified School District
Skilled Trade Services Category
- Aaron Pierini, San Juan Unified School District
Technical Services Category
A California Department of Education (CDE) committee will now evaluate nominations statewide. The overall objective is to acknowledge and promote the efforts of outstanding classified (non-certificated) school employees. State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tony Thurmond is expected to announce the recipients of the state awards in May.