During an online ceremony yesterday, Sacramento County Superintendent of Schools David W. Gordon announced that Heather Scott has been selected as the Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) 2022 Classified Employee of the Year. Scott is an Infant Educator in SCOE’s Special Education Department and serves children with disabilities ages birth to three. She will be honored by the Sacramento County Board of Education at its May 3 meeting.
The annual SCOE Classified Employees of the Year program helps pay tribute to the efforts of SCOE’s outstanding classified employees. SCOE staff are nominated to compete. Following paper screening and formal interviews, one employee is named the SCOE Classified Employee of the Year. Find previous SCOE Classified Employees of the Year listed online.
Classified employees are vital support staff who play a key role in making schools run smoothly and work to promote student achievement, safety, and health. The SCOE employees nominated for this prestigious honor are being recognized for their ongoing and exemplary performance of responsibilities contributing significantly to the success of SCOE programs, services, and special projects.
SCOE Classified Employees of the Year Competition Nominees
- Karen Basurto-Atteberry, Program Analyst, SCOE School of Education
- Tyrone (Ty) Nguyen, Adult Re-Entry Program Transition Specialist, Sacramento Community Based Coalition (SCBC)
- Heather Scott, Infant Educator, Special Education Department
- Kelvin Weldon, D.D., Adult Re-Entry Program Transition Specialist, Sacramento Community Based Coalition (SCBC)
- Brittany Young, Cook, Sly Park Environmental Education Center