The Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) is partnering with Glean Education to host a free series of online presentations that will help educators support students who struggle with learning to read. The series of webinars, facilitated by some of the nation’s top experts, will help teachers recognize risk factors in children and support students who have reading difficulties and dyslexia.
SCOE is the grant lead for the California Dyslexia Initiative (CDI), a three-year, grant-funded project developing specialized training and creating statewide professional learning networks.
Learn More and Register for the 2021–22 Webinars
- 9/2/21: Identifying Students at Risk for Reading Difficulty
Speaker: Jack Fletcher, Ph.D.
- 10/7/21: Preventing Reading Difficulties Through Early Intervention
Speaker: Hugh Catts, Ph.D.
- 11/4/21: Remediating Reading, Spelling, and Writing Difficulties Through Multimodal Structured Language Instruction
Speaker: Nancy Cushen White, Ed.D.
- 1/6/22: Building Awareness of Language and Reading Development in African-American Students Growing Up in Poverty
Speaker: Julie Washington, Ph.D.
- 2/3/22: Implementing Structured Literacy Reading Instruction for English Learners
Speaker: Elsa Cárdenas-Hagen, Ed.D.
- 3/3/22: Exploring the Intersection Between Reading Instruction and Social Justice
Speaker: Maryanne Wolf, Ed.D.
- 4/7/22: Dyslexia and the Learning Brain
Speaker: Maria Luisa Gorno Tempini, MD, Ph.D.