Baseball fans at Raley Field cheered last night as the Sacramento River Cats paid tribute to district Classified Employees of the Year 2019 in a pre-game ceremony. Scott Burton, representing the Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE), and Laura Walker, representing Twin Rivers USD, each threw a ceremonial pitch. Twelve district and county office of education staff competed in the county competition this year with six employees from the county advancing to the state competition.
After the on-field ceremony, Intel Corporation Folsom and Schools Financial Credit Union hosted the honorees and their guests to a reception and refreshments. Tim Herrera, SCOE Communications Director, and Holly Brown, Schools Financial Credit Union Membership Development Specialist, congratulated the honorees.
Classified School Employees Nominated by Local Districts
Natomas Unified School District
- Linda Benuto, Human Resources Technician
Sacramento County Office of Education
- Scott Burton, Senior General Services Worker
San Juan Unified School District
- Lisa Blen, Instructional Assistant, Bilingual Spanish
- Diane Douglas, High School Secretary
- Dolly Livingston, School Bus Driver
Twin Rivers Unified School District
- Louie Cervantez, Head Custodian
- Gloria Flemons, Health Services Assistant
- Crystal Rivas, Nutrition Services Team Leader
- Dua Vue, School Bus Driver
- Laura Walker, Benefit Plans Technician
- Cheryl Washino, Para-educator
Sacramento County Classified Employees of the Year Program
The Sacramento County Classified Employees of the Year program is coordinated annually by SCOE to acknowledge and promote the efforts of all the outstanding classified (non-certificated, non-management) education staff in the county. Those who are recognized for this honor are selected for exemplary performance that contributes significantly to the success of school district programs, services, and special projects.
Partners and Sponsors
Partners supporting the Sacramento County Classified School Employees of the Year Program this year include Intel Corporation Folsom, Schools Financial Credit Union, and the Sacramento River Cats.