The California School Public Relations Association (CalSPRA) honored the Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) Communications Office with five statewide awards at its annual conference this year.
CalSPRA is a nationally recognized leader in school communications. The annual Excellence in Communication Awards recognizes superior achievement in meeting strategic goals through high-quality communications and public relations programs. Entries were strictly evaluated by communication professionals from New York State on demanding criteria.
At the CalSPRA awards banquet in San Francisco on January 15, the SCOE Communications Office received awards for the following 2013–14 projects:
Award of Excellence
- Employee Recognition Day (Special Event or Program)
- SCOeNews Employee Newsletter (Electronic Newsletter)
- Student Expressions 2014 Art Calendar (Special Purpose Publication)
- 2013–14 Year in Review: What We Accomplished Together (Multimedia Communication)
Award of Merit
- "Reports of Career Technical Ed's Demise are Greatly Exaggerated"—Commentary in June 2014 EdSource (Writing)
The SCOE Communications Office provides communication services to support SCOE's programs and services. It assists school districts in Sacramento County with strategic communications and media outreach and serves as a key disseminator of information to educators and community leaders countywide.
Communications Office staff members include Tim Herrera, Director; Cathy Sapunor, Special Events Coordinator; Beth Flory, Program Analyst; and John Woodward, Multimedia Design Specialist.