Student artists throughout Sacramento County were recognized at a Youth Art Month celebration held March 6 at the Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) David P. Meaney Education Center.
Certificates were awarded to students whose artwork was chosen for the annual countywide art show. More than 60 works of art, representing the talents of students from kindergarten through twelfth grade, will be on display at the David P. Meaney Education Center through mid-May. Art may be viewed during regular business hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Participating Schools and Districts
- Sheldon High School (Elk Grove Unified School District)
- Galt High School (Galt Joint Union High School District)
- Inderkum High School (Natomas Unified School District)
- Phoebe Hearst Basic Elementary School and John F. Kennedy High School (Sacramento City Unified School District)
- Earl LeGette Elementary School, Ottoman Elementary School, Bella Vista High School and Mira Loma High School (San Juan Unified School District)
- Students at large from Twin Rivers Unified School District
SCOE partners with the California Art Education Association and the National Art Education Association in presenting Youth Art Month activities, which take place each March.