The Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) announces the launching of a new website that will serve as a resource of information for parents, teachers and childcare providers.
The Sacramento County Early Learning site represents a collaborative vision and commitment to the growing needs of young children and families and the programs that serve them. The new site provides a centralized portal to access research-based, innovative, promising practices and resources to support high-quality early care and education programs, school readiness, and seamless transitions to kindergarten.
Private and public early childhood directors, teachers, family childcare home providers, and school district administrators will find resources to build on and expand existing early learning services. The website also will connect parents with child development information and local resources to support their child's care and education.
The site offers resources so that:
- Teachers can access centralized information to pursue their college education with links to local colleges/universities and academic and financial aid resources.
- Teachers, directors, and family childcare home providers can connect with professional development opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills.
- Directors can find resources to assess and build on program quality, including workforce development, environment, curriculum, parent engagement, and resources for English learners and children with disabilities and other special needs.
- Parents can find information on licensed childcare facilities and enrich their child's learning with play-based activities.
- School district administrators and directors can find materials to expand access and collaborations to provide high-quality early learning experiences for their children.
As the national and statewide momentum continues to grow, the Sacramento County Early Learning website will also expand with updated materials and resources to promote continuous improvement and opportunities for collaboration.