CalSPRA is a nationally recognized leader in school communications. The annual CalSPRA Excellence in Communication Competition recognizes outstanding achievement in communications and public relations for K-16 educational professionals and institutions throughout the state. Entries were judged this year by a panel comprised of business communications professionals in the Bay Area.
Promotion/Awareness Package Category
- SCOE Teacher of the Year Recruitment (Award of Excellence)
Internet/Intranet Website Category
- SCOE website (Award of Excellence)
- SCOE website "Programs & Services" Listing (Award of Excellence)
- Opinion-Editorial (Award of Excellence)
Special Event or Program Category
- Employee Recognition Day (Award of Merit)
- Mather Employee Events Team (Award of Merit)
- Student Art Show Reception (Award of Merit)
Multimedia Communication Category
- Sacramento County Academic Bowl Promotional DVD (Award of Merit)
- Sacramento County Academic Decathlon Awards Banquet Video
(Award of Merit)
- SCOE End of the Year Report 2008-09: Year of Meeting Challenges
(Award of Merit)
- ARTESCAPES 2010 Juvenile Court & Community Schools Student Artwork Calendar (Award of Merit)
SCOE's Communications team consists of Tim Herrera, Communications Director; Beth Flory, Program Analyst; Cathy Sapunor, Special Events Coordinator; and John Woodward, Multimedia Design Specialist.
The SCOE Communications Office provides communication services to support SCOE's programs and services. It assists school districts in Sacramento County with strategic communications and media outreach and serves as a key disseminator of information to educators and community leaders countywide.