Students from 13 local middle schools teamed up Friday, April 23, to present one of the most entertaining nights of the year—the 13th Annual Club Live Countywide Lip Sync Competition. The fast and fun event took place at the Crest Theatre in downtown Sacramento.
Coordinated by Club Live and the Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE), the Club Live Countywide Lip Sync Competition featured 70 students, ages 12 to 14 dancing, and "singing" to the latest tunes. Schools throughout Sacramento County recently held their own Lip Sync Competitions, with the top winners selected to participate in the countywide show.
The top three teams in the 13th Annual Club Live Countywide Lip Sync Competition:
- 1st Place, Smythe Academy
- 2nd Place, Edward Middle School
- 3rd Place, Pinkerton Middle School.
The winners received cash prizes provided by the Coca-Cola Bottling Company, plus gift certificates and awards supplied by local businesses.
Schools participating in the 2010 Club Live Countywide Lip Sync Competition included:
- Arcohe Elementary School (Arcohe Union)
- Edward Harris Middle School (Elk Grove Unified)
- Elizabeth Pinkerton Middle School (Elk Grove Unified)
- James Rutter Middle School (Elk Grove Unified)
- Joseph Kerr Middle School (Elk Grove Unified)
- Samuel Jackman Middle School (Elk Grove Unified)
- Mills Middle School (Folsom Cordova Unified)
- Sutter Middle School (Folsom Cordova Unified)
- W.E. Mitchell Middle School (Folsom Cordova Unified)
- Natomas Middle School (Natomas Unified)
- Fern Bacon Basic Middle School (Sacramento City Unified)
- Louis Pasteur Fundamental Middle School (San Juan Unified)
- Smythe Academy of Arts & Sciences (Twin Rivers Unified)
The Club Live program provides opportunities for young people to develop leadership skills, build positive peer and adult relationships and become involved as active leaders and resources in their schools and communities. Each year, many middle school students in Sacramento County participate in exciting and beneficial Club Live activities. Club Live is a program of the SCOE Prevention & Student Services Department.
For more information about Club Live email or phone Joelle Orrock, Coordinator, at (916) 228-2418.