The close of the Sacramento County Office of Education 2003-04 school year was marked by formal commencement exercises. Students in Juvenile Court Schools and Community Schools, the Sacramento County Regional Occupational Program, and Special Education were recognized for their accomplishments in ceremonies attended by family members, friends, fellow students, and SCOE staff.
Sacramento County School Board Trustee Elinor L. Hickey represented the Board of Education at a majority of the promotion events. While participating in the graduation ceremony at SCOE's Leo A. Palmiter High School, retiring Sacramento County Superintendent of Schools Dr. David P. Meaney was a surprise recipient of his own "Leo A. Palmiter High School diploma," signed by the entire graduating class. Student and faculty speeches, special achievement awards, and slide show tributes were among the other highlights of SCOE's 2004 commencement exercises.
- SCOE Special Education Program Graduation Photo Gallery—June 2, 2004, David P. Meaney Education Center
- SCOE Regional Occupational Program Certified Nursing Assistant Program Graduation Photo Gallery—June 2, 2004, Arden Rehabilitation Center, Trudy Mazer, Teacher
- SCOE Regional Occupational Program Dental Careers Graduation Photo Gallery—June 2, 2004, Leo A. Palmiter Center, Carol Johnston, Teacher (SCOE Teacher of the Year 2004)
- SCOE Regional Occupational Program Certified Nursing Assistant Program Graduation Photo Gallery—June 3, 2004, Luther Burbank High School, Denora Watts-Porter, Teacher
- Leo A. Palmiter High School Commencement Photo Gallery—June 4, 2004, Leo A. Palmiter High School