Contact: Xanthi Soriano, Executive Director, Communications
Phone: (279) 789-1601 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Thursday, March 9, 2023
WHAT: SCOE and Northern California PK–12 Educational Employment Fair
WHEN: Saturday, March 18, 2023, from 9 a.m.–12 p.m.
WHERE: Sacramento County Office of Education
10474 Mather Blvd., Mather, CA 95655
(Online option also available for virtual participation)
SACRAMENTO, CA—The Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) is co-hosting an Educational Employment Fair to recruit and hire talented people to support public education from preschool through high school.
Dozens of local educational agencies (LEAs) are teaming up to recruit for a wide range of positions, including teachers, language, speech and hearing therapists, mental health clinicians, and paraeducators, as well as classified positions, including office, technical, facilities, and food service staff. The estimated need for teachers alone in 2022–2023 in California was 22,000, with the highest need for teachers with special education credentials. The projected need for early education teachers is in the thousands, and SCOE is working to hire 300 mental health clinicians over the next few years.
The PK–12 Educational Employment Fair is open to participants across Northern California, with the option to participate in person or virtually. The hybrid in-person and virtual event is co-hosted by the California Center on Teaching Careers and the Tulare County Office of Education.
More than 60 LEAs from the Bay Area, Foothills, Northern, Sacramento, and Valley regions throughout Northern California will participate, with more than 45 participating on-site and in person at SCOE to represent their districts and schools. This first-of-its-kind event features school districts recruiting side by side in search of high-quality, diverse, and caring candidates. Several other LEAs will have virtual booths online. Opportunities to speak with education workforce development and career pipeline experts will be available whether an interested individual is in high school, in college, or is looking for a mid-career change.
SCOE is recruiting to fill positions that support public education in the greater Sacramento region, including:
- Special education teachers, alternative education teachers, and language, speech & hearing therapists.
- Classroom, office, custodial, and cafeteria substitutes.
- Program administrators.
- School-based mental health and wellness clinicians.
- Office, technical, facilities, and food service support staff; and
- Para-educators and early childhood educators.
In addition to SCOE, the LEAs from the greater Sacramento region that are participating include: Natomas Unified, Natomas Charter School, Sacramento City Unified, Elk Grove Unified, Dixon Unified, Travis Unified, Westlake Charter School, Camptonville Union, Galt Joint Union Elementary, Elverta School District, River Delta Unified, Folsom Cordova Unified, Yuba City Unified, Twin Rivers Unified, and Scott Valley Unified. A full list follows of LEAs that are participating in-person, virtually, and both in-person and online.
How Job Seekers Can Register and Participate: Registration is free. Candidates interested in participating in the Employment Fair are encouraged to register in advance and to download an app to support their participation in the employment event. All candidates may register and get additional instructions, by visiting:
- Candidates attending in person: The in-person portion of this event will have the same elements of a traditional job fair along with the assistance of technology. Candidates will need to download a mobile app to check in. With the mobile app, candidates will have all of their uploaded documents on hand and will be able to receive contact information from hiring representatives by simply scanning QR codes at the respective booths. Wi-Fi will be provided at no cost to everyone in attendance. More information is available in the Candidate Guide for participants attending in person, available via the link above.
- Candidates attending virtually: Candidates may log in one hour before the event starts to view the virtual lobby, webinars, exhibit hall, and other exciting features. More information is available in the Candidate Guide for those participating virtually, available via the link above.
Participating Local Educational Agencies
- Arcohe Union School District
- Burlingame School District
- Calaveras Unified School District
- Castro Valley Unified School District
- Dixon Unified School District
- El Dorado County Office of Education
- Elverta Joint Elementary School District
- Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District
- Folsom Cordova Unified School District
- Galt Joint Union Elementary School District
- Johnstonville Elementary School
- Marysville Joint Unified School District
- Mendocino County Office of Education
- Middletown Unified School District
- Modoc Joint Unified School District
- Napa Valley Unified School District
- Natomas Charter School
- Pajaro Valley Unified School District
- Placer Union High School District
- Plumas Unified School District
- River Delta USD
- Rocklin Unified School District
- Sacramento City USD
- Sacramento County Office of Education
- Sacramento County Office of Education - Early Education/SacE3
- Sacramento County Office of Education - School of Education
- San Mateo-Foster City School District
- Scott Valley Unified School District
- Sequoia Union High School District
- Southern Humboldt Joint Unified School District
- St. HOPE Public Schools
- Travis Unified School District
- Twin Rivers Unified School District
- University of Massachusetts, Global
- Westlake Charter School
Hybrid (Both In-Person and Online)
- Amethod Public Schools
- Antioch Unified School District
- California Montessori Project
- Camptonville Union Elementary School District
- East Nicolaus High School
- Elk Grove Unified School District
- Live Oak Unified School District
- Natomas Unified School District
- Pittsburg Unified School District
- Point Quest Inc
- River Charter Schools
- Vallejo City Unified School District
- Yuba City Unified School District
- Auburn Union Elementary School District
- Del Norte County Unified School District
- Emery Unified School District
- Gateway Public Schools
- Jefferson Union High School District
- Luther Burbank School District
- Mt. Pleasant School District
- San Bruno Park School District
- San Mateo Union High School District
- San Rafael City Schools
- Siskiyou Union High School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District
- The Creekside School
- The Mission Preparatory School