Contact: Xanthi Soriano, Executive Director, Communications
Phone: (279) 789-1601 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Thursday, February 16, 2023
Sacramento, CA – Sacramento County Office of Education proudly announces that Sacramento County Day School has emerged as the champion of the 2023 Gordon D. Schaber Sacramento County Mock Trial Competition. Contender, Elk Grove High School, placed second after several days of intense courtroom competition and careful deliberations by esteemed judges.
Twenty high school teams took part in the competition. Sacramento Country Day School advances to the California Mock Trial Competition, held March 17-19 in Los Angeles. Del Campo High School followed in third with Natomas Pacific Pathways Charter School in fourth.
Mock Trial Results
- 1st Place: Sacramento Country Day School
- 2nd Place: Elk Grove High School (Elk Grove USD)
- 3rd Place: Del Campo High School (San Juan USD)
- 4th Place: Natomas Pacific Pathways Prep High School (Natomas USD)
- 5th Place: Jesuit High School (Diocese of Sacramento)
- 6th Place: St. Francis High School (Diocese of Sacramento)
- 7th Place: Rio Americana High School (San Juan USD)
- 8th Place: Pleasant Grove High School (Elk Grove USD)
- 1st Place: Da Vinci Charter Academy
El Dorado County—
- 1st Place: Ponderosa High School
About Mock Trial
The Mock Trial Competition simulates a trial-level proceeding in which students portray the roles of pre-trial counsel, prosecuting and defense attorneys, witnesses, court clerks, bailiffs, and jurors before a single presiding judge and two scoring judges. Volunteers from local law firms and other legal organizations served as scoring and presiding judges for the five-day event.