The Procurement Services Department has the sole authority to prepare contracts and issue purchase orders for goods and services, and public works projects. The department:
- Ensures legality of all purchases
- Acts as a clearinghouse for vendors and vendor negotiations
- Coordinates all comparative bids and advertised bids.
- Establishes purchasing standards and specifications.
- Operates the district warehouse.
- Maintains an inventory control system for district furniture, equipment and property
- Disposes of surplus, scrap, or obsolete materials.