Sacramento County Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA)
The goal of the Sacramento County Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA) is to support and assist its eight member districts and one charter school, as well as the Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE), with their special education programs and services, enabling them to operate in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible. The Sacramento County SELPA is responsible for ensuring that every eligible child receives appropriate services. In addition to administrative support, the Sacramento County SELPA helps its members comply with legal requirements concerning students with disabilities, and provides professional development activities to foster better relationships between schools and the families of special needs students.
Special Education in California (Courtesy of the Legislative Analyst’s Office)
- What is Special Education?
- Who Receives Special Education?
- How is Special Education Organized?
- How is Special Education Funded?
Sacramento County SELPA Members
The following are members of the Sacramento County Special Education Local Plan Area:
- Arcohe Union School District
- Center Joint Unified School District
- Elverta Joint School District
- Galt Joint Union Elementary School District
- Galt Joint Union High School District
- Natomas Charter School
- River Delta Unified School District
- Robla School District
- Sacramento County Office of Education
There are also six other SELPAs in Sacramento County, including Elk Grove Unified, Folsom Cordova Unified, Natomas Unified, Sacramento City Unified, San Juan Unified, and Twin Rivers Unified School Districts.