Sacramento County Quality Child Care Collaborative (QCCC)
The Sacramento County Quality Child Care Collaborative (QCCC) is a partnership of community agencies and educational and governmental institutions which is funded by the First 5 Sacramento Commission, an organization promoting the healthy development of children ages zero to five. The purpose of the collaborative is to help Sacramento County child care centers and family child care home providers—along with family/friend/neighbor caregivers—provide quality child care programs for children. Collaborative services are free!
The Consultation Team assists child care providers in addressing questions or concerns about caring for children with a variety of special needs and behaviors. Members include:
- Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) Infant Development Program
- Child Action, Inc.
- Department of Health & Human Services, Division of Behavioral Health
- Department of Health & Human Services, Division of Public Health
- WarmLine Family Resource Center
The team is made up of staff with training and expertise in child development, behavioral health, family support, and inclusion of children with developmental disabilities and other needs. Consultation Team members are available to provide ongoing consultation, technical assistance, and training to child care providers to assist with issues of children's behavioral health, the inclusion of children with special needs, quality of care, curriculum, site staff support, staff-parent communication, and linkage to community resources.
Consultations offer information, strategies, and resources that meet current and future challenges. Examples where the team may be able to help:
- Concerns about behaviors of children in care
- Resources or information about a specific disability or special need
- Understanding parent perspectives and developing effective communication strategies
- Questions regarding child development
- Telephone support
- On-site observation and consultation resulting in strategies and an action plan
- Resources Lending library and materials