Local Child Care and Development Planning Council
The Sacramento County Local Child Care and Development Planning Council (LPC):
- assesses child care and development services based on the needs of families in the local community
- advises the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors and the Sacramento County Board of Education with respect to child care needs of families
- serves as a forum to address child care needs both subsidized and non-subsidized child care
- develops annual priorities for potential state funding for child care for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children
- develops a five-year plan identifying local needs, gaps, and recommendations
Operated under the California Welfare and Institutions Code (§§ 10480 and 10485-10487), Local Child Care and Development Planning Councils exists in each of California’s 58 counties.