Early Learning Department
The Early Learning Department provides services to early learning program directors, leaders, and educators from county offices of education, school districts, preschools, and early learning programs in Sacramento County and the broader ten-county Capital Service Region. The department focuses on preparing young children for success in elementary school and beyond through the support of high-quality learning environments and opportunities. The department staff provides professional learning, on-site support, technical assistance, and resources to early childhood/school readiness administrators and staff. The department also facilitates communication and collaboration among early learning educators and providers.
Publications and Materials
- Sacramento County Early Learning Roadmap (2017–22)—a guide intended to promote equity and garner support for the youngest learners in Sacramento County (prenatal through age eight), ensuring they have the opportunity to learn and lead healthy lives. The roadmap is the result of a 15-month planning process that involved 60 community partners.
- Sacramento County Early Learning Website—access research-based, innovative, promising practices. Resources support high-quality early care and education programs, school readiness, and seamless transitions to kindergarten. The site helps parents find child development information and local resources. It also connects early childhood directors, teachers, family childcare home providers, and district administrators with resources to expand their early learning services.
- Beanstalk Child Care and Nutrition Programs
- California Department of Education Division of Nutrition Services
- California Department of Education Early Education Division
- California State University, Sacramento
- Child Action, Inc.
- Family Child Care Providers, Inc. (FCCP)
- First 5 California
- First 5 Sacramento
- Los Rios Community College District
- Preschool California
- Professional Association for Childhood Education (PACE)
- Program for Infant/Toddler Care (PITC)
- Project TEACH Homeless Services
- Sacramento County Local Child Care & Development Planning Council (LPC)
- Sacramento Employment Training Agency (SETA)
- SCOE Infant Development Program