English Learner Coordinators Network (ELCN)
The Sacramento County Office of Education hosts quarterly meetings for Coordinators of English Learner programs in Sacramento County. Administrators from districts throughout the Capital Service Region (Region 3) are welcome to attend.
The purpose of these meetings is to provide timely and pertinent information on English Learner issues such as No Child Left Behind implementation, state and federal accountability requirements, and resources for assisting districts to increase student achievement across all subgroups. Staff from the California Department of Education and other agencies are frequently invited to present new information and answer questions. Participants value the opportunity to collaborate and share information with colleagues from other districts. Members are asked to disseminate information provided to them during meetings to the schools in their districts.
- ELCN Membership Directory
- ELD Bookmark Order Form
- Planning Tool: Educating English Learners in the Common Core Era
- English Learners Demographic Summaries
- ELD Resources from SCOE K–12 Curriculum and Instruction Services
- California State Seal of Biliteracy
- USA Learns—learn about the free website that helps adults learn English
ELCN Meeting Schedule
ELCN meetings are held periodically throughout the traditional school year, typically on Thursday afternoons from 1–4 p.m. Registration is required at scoe.gosignmeup.com. To be notified about meeting dates, or to request agendas and other materials, please e-mail Graciela García-Torres.
- September 12, 2019 (SCOE Conference Center)
November 21, 2019 (SCOE Mather Room)
- March 12, 2020 (SCOE Mather Room)
- May 7, 2020 (SCOE Mather Room)