About the CA Dyslexia Initiative
The Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) was selected by the California State Board of Education (SBE), California Department of Education (CDE), and the California Collaborative for Educational Excellence (CCEE) to administer the California Dyslexia Initiative (CDI).
In collaboration with SBE and CDE, SCOE selected the University of California San Francisco (UCSF) Dyslexia Center as the IHE partner in this project due to its extensive research and development in the area of dyslexia.
SCOE was awarded $4 million over three years to lead the initiative, which will result in:
- Specialized professional development modules
- Statewide professional learning networks
- Webinar series featuring expert speakers
- Repository of tools and resources
- UCSF Screener Pilot research study