Assessment Resources for Families
The following resources are designed to support parent and student understanding of the various California statewide assessments.
- Starting Smarter Websites—These websites help families understand about the statewide assessments, the score reports students receive, and the types of questions students are asked. Resources are available for families to help navigate conversations with your student’s teacher.
For Smarter Balanced Assessments visit https://www.ca.startingsmarter.org and for ELPAC assessments visit https://www.elpac.startingsmarter.org.
- California Parents Portal—The key to a child's educational success is a successful partnership between teachers, parents and family members. Go here to find information that will help you help your child.
- The California Department of Education Parent / Family Web Page—This web page provides families information about becoming involved in the education of their children.
- Parents Guides to Understanding—These guides answer the what, why, who and when about California’s assessment programs.
- California School Dashboard —The dashboard provides parents and educators with meaningful information on school and district progress so they can participate in decisions to improve student learning.
ELPAC Resources for Parents
- English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) Resources for Parents
- Get results from the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) assessment
- Learn more about the CAASPP Score Report and Test Questions
- Resources for Families Interested in Learning More About the Common Core State Standards (CCSS)