Testing Resources for Educators
The following resources are designed to help educators understand California’s statewide assessments.
- Fact Sheets—One-page flyers that answer key questions (what, why, who, how, and when) about each assessment program in California.
- Talking to Educators about Assessments Slide Decks—Template for talking to educators about the CAASPP.
- Quick Reference Guides—Lists for step-by-step instructions for how to accomplish a task or activity within California’s assessment programs.
- Online Practice and Training Tests—Practice and training tests for the CAASPP assessments.
- Accessibility Resource Graphics—Information on the full range of assessment resources for all students, including those who are English learners and students with disabilities.
Communication with Families
- Starting Smarter Websites—These websites help families understand about the statewide assessments, the score reports students receive, and the types of questions students are asked. Resources are available for families to help navigate conversations with your student’s teacher.
- Starting Smarter Parent Informational Flyer—Provides information for the Starting Smarter Website.
- Parent Guides to Understanding—Guides to provide parents with answers to key questions for each assessment program about the what, why, who, how, and when.
- Talking to Parents about Assessments Slide Decks—Template for talking to parents about the CAASPP.