The Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) Payroll Department provides a variety of payroll and benefit-related services to SCOE’s regular, temporary, and substitute staff. In addition, the department provides payroll, retirement, and payroll tax support to Sacramento County school districts, a variety of local charter schools, and the Los Rios Community College District.
- internal payroll processing
- Specialized State Teachers' and Public Employees' Retirement Systems report processing
- federal and state tax payments
- social security, unemployment, and medicare tax payments
- support for QSS Payroll System users
- Health and Welfare benefit processing and payments
- IRS 125 plan maintenance
The SCOE Payroll Department works with the Internal Revenue Service, the State Teachers Retirement System, the Franchise Tax Board, the Public Employees Retirement System, various 403(b) & IRS 125 Agencies, the Employment Development Department, various health benefit agencies, and the Social Security Administration.