The Legal Office provides legal advice and representation to the Sacramento County Board of Education, the Sacramento County Superintendent of Schools, and the Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) on a broad range of issues.
- Title IX Information—overview, complaint procedures, and contacts regarding law prohibiting sex discrimination in education
- SCOE Education Protection Account (EPA) Report
Service of Legal Documents
The Legal Office will accept the service of legal documents on the Sacramento County Board of Education, the Sacramento County Superintendent of Schools, the Sacramento County Office of Education, its staff, and programs. The location for serving legal documents is the David P. Meaney Education Center, located at 10474 Mather Boulevard, Mather, CA 95655. Legal documents being served on staff in their personal capacity will not be accepted.
Forms and Documents
California Public Records Act
The California Public Records Act, while protecting individuals' rights to privacy, provides that access to information concerning the conduct of the people's business is a fundamental and necessary right to every person in this State. By law, we provide public access to our public records. (Gov. Code, § 6250 et seq.)
Charter School Petitions: Policies and Rules
(Ed. Code, § 47600 et seq.; Cal. Code Regs., tit. 5, § 11960 et seq.)
- Board Policy 2400 (Charter Schools)
- SCOE Administrative Rules and Regulations 2400 (Charter Schools)
- Sacramento County Board of Education Conflict-of-Interest Code (Board Bylaw 9270)
- Sacramento County Office of Education Conflict-of-Interest Code (Superintendent’s Policy 1000)
Williams v. State of California Education Lawsuit Settlement
- SCOE Williams Information
- Williams Notice and Complaint Form for SCOE Schools and Programs
To file a complaint regarding a non-SCOE school, contact the principal or school district directly.
- Williams Site Reviews and Inspection Results