Teacher Resources/Professional Development and Training
Parrish Chavez, Project Specialist
The Learning Resources Display Center (LRDC) is open to educators and community members to facilitate State adopted textbook review, selection, and purchasing decisions. The Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) LRDC is one of nine state centers and serves ten counties (Alpine, Colusa, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo, and Yuba). More than 2,000 teachers, parents, administrators, and students have used its resources. The K–8 English language arts, mathematics, science, and history/social science instructional materials (including standards-aligned software), submitted for adoption consideration to the State Board of Education, are available for review at the LRDC.
New Temporary Location
Due to the reconfiguration of the LRDC, instructional materials will be temporarily moved to a new location. SCOE is still committed to providing access to these materials.
Here are the changes you should be aware of:
- All instructional materials will be housed at: Bradview Warehouse, 3735 Bradview Drive, Suite 200, Sacramento, CA 95827.
- Science materials will be available for viewing beginning Monday, May 21, 2018.
- History/Social Science materials will be available for viewing beginning Monday, May 21, 2018.
- Open “visiting hours” are 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. (Except: 5/29, 6/14, 6/15, 7/16, 7/17, and August 20–24)
- Other times will be available by appointment. Please e-mail or phone Parrish Chavez to schedule a time: (916) 228-2574.
- It is anticipated these changes will be in effect through July 2018, possibly longer.
We appreciate your understanding during this transition. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions please e-mail Director Dave Chun.
Return to Programs & Services listing.