Napa Infant/Preschool ProgramNapa County Office of Education
Interview with Andrea Knowlton & Eileen Ailman
- Introduction/ Description of this SEEDS Visitation Site
- How will visiting our site improve your program?
- What are we the most proud of at our site?
- What challenges have we faced /overcome along the way?
Viewing these interviews require Windows Media Player
We believe that all services provided through Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) programs reflect an interagency perspective, a family focus, a transdisciplinary approach, developmentally appropriate activities, and a provision of natural environments. We value flexibility, shared decision making, and both formal and informal opportunities to be together. ECSE services are designed to benefit children, families, and our community.
LAUNCH believes in the importance and value of early childhood intervention; the importance and value of team work and collaboration; the commitment to working with parents as partners and treating families, children and fellow staff with respect and dignity; and the commitment to hire high quality staff who are dedicated to working with preschool children.
What is Offered
- Family Choice Approach
- Family and Community Agency Partnerships and Collaborative Projects
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice Merged with Special Education Intervention Strategies
- Site-Based Management / Program Leadership
- Experience in Ongoing Systems Change
Opportunities for Observation:
- Family choice program options including toddler and preschool classes and family focused transitions
- Full inclusion
- Consultant days
- Family focused transitions
- Intake and assessment process
- Integrated therapy
- Management teams
- Ongoing system change
- Two-tier assistant structure
The site can bring to you:
- Consultant information
- Systems change information
- Management team information
Who You Will Meet
- Certificated teachers
- Speech therapists
- Consultants (OT, PT, nurse)
- Early intervention assistants
- CCS staff
- Adaptive P.E. staff
call SEEDS at
When Site Is Available For Visits
- Tuesday - Friday
Number Of Visitors At One Time
- Groups of 8