The Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) is one of 58 county offices of education in California. Approximately 650 regular and more than 950 temporary and substitute SCOE staff work year-round providing services which complement and supplement those offered by public school districts in Sacramento County. SCOE provides technical assistance, curriculum and instructional support, staff development, legal and financial advice, and oversight to Sacramento County school districts.
SCOE plays a leadership role in the delivery of quality education to the students in Sacramento County. SCOE directly educates more than 30,000 children and adults, and provides support services to more than 241,000 students (source) in 13 school districts. In addition, SCOE is considered a leader of the Capital Service Region, a 10-county area consisting of Alpine, Colusa, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo and Yuba Counties. Many SCOE services are available to schools, districts and other county offices of education within the Capital Service Region.
Whether it's a Professional Development activity, websites for educators, or information for families and our community, SCOE helps ensure schools operate in an efficient, service-oriented manner while focusing on the bottom line: student achievement. SCOE's Classified staff are represented by the California School Employees Association (CSEA Chapter 480). SCOE's Certificated staff are represented by the Sacramento County Teachers Association (SCOETA).
Explore our recent accomplishments by downloading the Superintendent's 2014-15 Year in Review presentation to the County Board of Education.
- Mission Statement
- Sacramento County Office of Education Schools
- Sacramento County School Districts—includes links to schools in each district
- School Accountability Report Cards
- Local Educational Agency (LEA) Plans
- Education History in Sacramento County
- Employee Directory—find a SCOE Employee
- Sacramento County Board of Education—learn about the seven Board members, get the latest meeting schedule, and review the topics planned for discussion
- Sacramento County Superintendent of Schools
- Personnel Commission—three appointed members administer the Merit System for SCOE's classified employees and their job descriptions
- Public Records Requests
- Sacramento County Regional Occupational Program—job training provided through SCOE
- Sly Park Environmental Education Center—SCOE's acclaimed outdoor education program
- Culinary Café—current menu for SCOE's student-operated restaurant
- Operation Recognition—WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam War veterans, and people interned in WWII Japanese American relocation camps can receive high school diplomas
The Sacramento County Office of Education's administration and conference center is headquartered on the former Mather Air Force Base, approximately one mile from the Mather Field exit off Highway 50. SCOE is approximately 15 miles from Downtown Sacramento and 25-30 minutes from the Sacramento International Airport. Get maps and directions.