The Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) is one of 58 county offices located throughout the state. Approximately 650 regular and more than 950 temporary and substitute SCOE staff work year-round providing services which complement and supplement those offered by public school districts in Sacramento County.
SCOE plays a leadership role in the delivery of quality education to the students in Sacramento County. SCOE directly educates more than 30,000 children and adults, and provides support services to over 235,000 students in 13 school districts. In addition, SCOE is considered a leader of the Capital Service Region, a 10-county area consisting of Alpine, Colusa, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo and Yuba Counties. Many SCOE services are available to schools, districts and other county offices of education within the Capital Service Region.
- Why We Exist
- School Accountability Report Cards
- Local Educational Agency (LEA) Plans
- Education History in Sacramento County
- Employee Directory—find a SCOE Employee
- County Superintendent of Schools
- Sacramento County Board of Education—learn about the seven Board members, get the latest meeting schedule, and review the topics planned for discussion
- Personnel Commission—information about the Sacramento County Office of Education Personnel Commission
- SCOE Technology Plan for Student Programs
- Public Records Requests
- Sacramento County Regional Occupational Program—job training provided through SCOE
- Sly Park Environmental Education Center—SCOE's acclaimed outdoor education program
- Culinary Arts Café—current menu for SCOE's student-operated restaurant
- Operation Recognition—WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam War veterans, and people interned in WWII Japanese American relocation camps, can now receive high school diplomas
The Sacramento County Office of Education's administration and conference center is headquartered on the former Mather Air Force Base, approximately one mile from the Mather Field exit off Highway 50. SCOE is approximately 15 miles from Downtown Sacramento and 25-30 minutes from the Sacramento International Airport. Get maps and directions.